The Week's Premium Mix

Success, one ingrown toenail at a time...

Thursday, 25th of March, was a special day for me at the clinic. I had a patient with bilateral ingrowing toenails. Usually, I only play as an assistant to the health provider for the toenail removal surgery, handing tools or dabbing oozing blood. However, that day, I was given the chance by CPT Bellamy to do the entire surgery by myself -- from injecting anesthesia to yanking out the whole toenail out of the patient's big toe. 

Doing the procedure made me feel proud of myself. However, the best thing about that day is the fact that the doctor trusted in me that I can do it, and I feel that I met her expectations. I can be proud of myself of my own achievement, brag about it until all my Facebook friends have been notified that my career may bloom into something bigger in the future. But it is the quiet approvals, the silent taps on the back which really matter to me. Success tastes sweeter not when you loudly declared it to the people around the world, but when the world finds a way to whisper to your ear, "You're almost there... keep on going"

Thanks, CPT Bellamy! 

Simple is Genius

I wish people can go back to being simple. I am not talking about having small dreams or producing inferior ideas. I am thinking of something that of a child's thoughts -- great because it is simple, unadulterated. I wish we can be more easily contented, but not in a way that we shun away from necessary improvements. By simple I mean appreciation of what is really beautiful, wanting just enough, recognizing truth and keeping it pure. I wish people would let go of their insecurities, inspire other people to do great... in short, do what feels right even if you're struggling, too, to fight your own demons. 

Isn't it funny how simple sounds so easy, but if you look inside yourself and tell yourself that you should try it, a big part of you would explain how impractical it is. That's the problem, simple is hard to put into practice when at stake is your own interests.

For now, simple is just a dream. For now, we shall call it "ideals".

No comments: