Expectations... BIG Expectations

Another Political Science Quiz Bowl... hmm, I wonder if God will perform the same miracle He did for me last year.. yes, I'm the other half of the Quiz Bowl champions last year, with Paul Avecilla as my partner. This time, I don't have Paul beside me, but I believe Herbert Ikan can do something so we wouldn't look like fools tis coming Wednesday, February 15.

Last year, when I joined in the Quiz Bowl, I was just there to have some fun and challenge myself with the questions they'll be asking. I wasn't expecting to win. I did not bother to review at all. I put no pressure on myself. Fortunately, we did it. We emerged as champions in that quiz bowl, me and paul.

But the upcoming quiz bowl stresses me out. I can sense something from other people again\ - expectations. What if I lost the title? I'll be such a big disappointment to them. They'll think I just got lucky the last time. They'll think it was really Paul who worked hard to make our tandem the champions. They'll think that way and I don't want to tire myself out by explaining. I feel like if I lose in this quiz bee, I also lose the crown and if I simply will not join, then I'll get to keep my glory. But I realized, that was a defeatist attitude, a very cowardly act. Maybe I'm just paranoid. People's big expectaions are bringing me the paranoia.

Just do what you have to do. Get there and kick people's asses. If you failed to keep the crown, malapit lang ang Recto, pagawa ka na lang ulet ng para sayo. hahaha! Yeah! I think I need to get back to my old self again... not thinking too much of what others have to say, no worries about expectations, having the ability to laugh at my foolishness. I just wish God will be there to take away the pressures and to support me.

Atchara was right, I don't need any other people to act as my star. I already have one.

No comments: