Death to Internet Explorer

Each time I try to close an extra browser window, I get an annoying pop-up saying that Internet Explorer has stopped working.. blah, blah, blah, closing my current window and opening a new one, which unfortunately, does not have the UNSAVED documents I was working with.

Having enough of this Microsoft-made, unreliable, flaw-ridden, yet PROPRIETARY product, I went to Mozilla's homepage and tried to download Firefox. The purpose was only to have an alternative in case I needed to work on projects which couldn't afford an instant online vanishing. There was no thought of totally getting rid of IE, because I am on Windows Vista and these two programs work together best as both products were deveoped by the same company. Moreover, IE's market share of 77.86% (as of Sept. 2007) is still an impressive figure (newsflash: new age martyrdom / technological masochism on the rise!)

However, I became an absolute Internet Explorer Momus when it won't allow me to download Firefox! Well, I'm not talking about receiving an order from Bill Gates or any of his cohorts commanding me to nevigate away from Firefox's download page. What I get is that irritating pop-up message "Internet Explorer has stopped working... blah, blah, blah.." The crash only happens to Firefox as I could download all the MP3s, and other files from different web sources without a glitch.

Maybe the problem is in Firefox, right? Hell no. You see, web users, ordinary and experts alike, are raving about these other two available web browsers: Avant and Opera. Since I am a My Opera blog proud owner, I left Mozilla's pae and hurriedly visited Opera's. Y'know what? I get the same unpleasant result. Internet Explorer has stopped working... again. OK, let's just move on. I hopped on to Avant's website and clicked the Download button. And... yes, you guessed it right -- same damn alert.

I do this everytime I go online. Up to now, luck is out of sight.

It felt like being married to a worthless man.

Call me doomed.

No comments: