Old Crimes Make Good Music

Aside from CSI Las Vegas (or Nevada), Cold Case and House M.D are the only TV series which are worth my time. The Miami and NY versions of CSI have become so serious that I couldn't watch them without a cup of coffee within my reach. My caffeinated beverage has enough more zest in it than Horatio and Mac's crime stories. Moreover, it prevents me from dozing off while listening to litanies of always well-dressed crime busters. Where's the FUN, guys? Is adding a pinch of humor or wearing Grissom's designer not good for the ratings?

Do you know that Jorja Fox (Sara) has just left Grissom's team? She recently ended her career of digging up evidences and putting bad guys behind bars. I think she was replaced by that girl who's always taking pictures. Well, moving on...

I developed love-hate syndrome for Dr. House. One time he's so admirable, at other times I just want to hit his working leg with a baseball bat. I tend to stick more to things I despise and adore at the same time than those things which seem to good to be true. Anyway, House is currently hitting on a fresh, young Intern, Thirteen, played by Olivia Wilde. 13's cute by the way.

Cold Case, on the other hand, is the only show that leaves me teary-eyed (sobs). The characters in this TV series don't talk like they know everything, and they don't introduce you to laboratory machines that you never thought exist. Let's just say that Cold Case presents life dramas, without the too sappy or cerebral lines. Every episode is composed of journeys to the past -- 1930s, 40's, 50'... you name the year, Lily Rush's team will go back to those years to show you that truth can't be buried by time. If you have the resources, watch last night's episode "Justice". One of the best so far.

If you're a real music lover, then watching Cold Case is a must for you. Why? Because the show plays beautiful music coming from different genres, and decades, depending on the victim's death year. I will be posting songs used in today and succeeding episodes. Yey! Free Music!

No comments: