no. no. no.

did you hear my voice
trying so hard to please
to sing a song you've never heard of
although composed only for you to hear?

did you you at least tried to listen
when I finally decided to open up and speak
of the emotions I find so hard to put into words
after all those years?

NO.

did you see the litle things I've offered freely to give
that you chose to take for granted,
because they are just of mediocre value
something that pales in comparison with what you get before?

did you even bother to look down
to find out if I'm still there,
the abandoned faithful servant
who had brought you to a place of higher ground?

NO.

While I am allowing time to eat away my patience in waiting,
you were putting our memories inside the box labeled "oblivion".

You were cooking up my defeat while I was trying to preserve
a noble feeling, felt especially because of you.

You were erasing me from your memory
while I was engraving you deeper in mine.

You were locking yourself up
while I was almost lost in my quest of finding the key to your heart.

You were regarding yourself as nothing when an obstacle had tripped you,
you're to ashamed to go on, while I am still here,
regarding you as my very purpose of living.

You never needed me. I always did right from the start.

Now I that I'm broken...
did you hear it shatter?
my heart, my soul, my life...
Can you find every little pieces?
Have you got the time to put them back together?

still NO?

I have been part of your nightmare,
wake me up once YES is already the answer.

No comments: