About The Caracol 2006

This year's Caracol which was held again in Ayala, Makati, was a success! Almost twenty contenders fought with each other to win a prize money that ranges from 20,000 - 30,000 in Philippine Peso. I want to congratulate my High School Alma Mater, General Pio Del Pilar National High School, for winning first place in the High School Level competition. I think Pio's performance wasn't really that impressive unlike from its performances in the previous years. But it was only Pio's performance I've been able to witness that day so I can conclude that the performances from the other schools were already of mediocre quality. Maybe yes, maybe no. Even their costume wasn't worthy of second look because it's really simple (but I so adored the nemo stuff toy worn like a hand puppet) and can't be considered a stand-out. But then again, the costume was only given miniscule importance in the contest, manifested in the announced criteria for judging. So, what can I say, you did your best Pilarians and you got what you deserved! My school is now 30,000 pesos richer! The star of the night, however, wasn't my Alma Mater because the school that managed to be the over-all champion (the group which also won the first place in the Elementary division) are the students from the Maximo Estrella Elementary School. Yes, this year's champ wasn't from High School or College! Shame on you adults! LolZ!

The victors were then asked again to perform their dance and this time, only a few audiences left so I've managed to watch them in full view. Their dance moves were not extremely awesome, but they were cute enough to make the jurors smile... and give them the two thumbs up or the 5 gold stars.

Don't worry Pilarians, let's give it to them this time. At least it wasn't UMAK again, right? I don't like some part of history repeating itself kasi eh.. haha!

No comments: