practicing laziness on sundays...

Awhile ago, I began working on the 10 cases (actually, I only have 5 cases with me because I refused to photocopy my other classmate's copy of all 10 cases thay have, because it is so costly to do so.. nagprint na lang ako from the internet) that are needed to be passed this coming Saturday. I've started with the Sy Joc Lieng Vs. Syquia case and uhmm.. yea, after reading it, I put my pen down and daydreamt instead. Haha! Life is easier this way, no thinking about some deceased chinese merchant whose supposed descendants were suing one another for their right to inheritance. Don't worry, I've promised myself to digest at least 5 cases tomorrow... wish me luck. =D

[ fine dining @ market! market! ]

arrgh!! we (kuya Hermes, Ate Ivay, Tanya and of course, me) are supposed to shop today at Why Pay More? (a sportswear store near Uniwide, Crossing) but due to some unknown reason, it isn't open for business as usual. I'm really wanting a new bag pa naman!! I think I'm buying that black and white Accel messenger bag worth 450php.. hmm.. naiisip ko pa lang, naglalaway nako.. ewww... hehehe!! ay oo nga pala, nagpunta na lang kami agad sa Market! Market! to check out if there's anything worth buying there. Ayun, naglakad-lakad sandali, tumingin-tingin na rin sa mga stores then nung nakaramdam na ng gutom, we went outside (yes, outside) to hunt for the perfect place to eat. After a long discussion about where we should dine, we all agreed on Blackbeard's Seafood Island resto, although I'm a bit hesitant coz I find it impractical to eat at such a fine (aka expensive) diner. But yeah, since hindi naman ako ang magbabayad, go lang nang go. We ordered Dapitan's Pride, a 3-4 food combo, includes: tilapia, squid, pork, shrimp, ginataang gabi (yata, di ko na matandaan!), clam shells, crab, etc. na hindi ko alam kung anong tawag sa luto nila). Ang pinakanagustuhan ko sa lahat ay yung kanin! I don't know what they did with the rice but it really tasted good, no, I think the word to describe it should be "superb". I recommend it because the place is cozy and the ambiance, accomodating. Seafood Island is located near the Jeepney Terminal of Market! Market! Mall.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/kelstar17/little_cateuh_by_tiou_tiou.gif

I never considered myself as someone who is pro-Gloria, but I guess as a concerned citizen, I know I need to make a stand. I want PRESIDENT Gloria Arroyo to stay in power. If I have to bring this fight on the streets, I'll gladly do so. Even if it takes having to leave my classroom for days, I'll make the sacrifice of doing so. Why? Truthfully? I don't know. It may seem not to be the right thing to do, to continue giving your trust to someone who have lied before, but it feels like the good thing to do, believing that what she did could be regarded as necessary evil.

Everybody else now is calling for her resignation... are you going to join the bandwagon? If you're planning to, please consider analyzing about the possible consequences once she tendered her resignation. Think, people... think.

[lessons learned for today]

Famous Serial Killers

Yoo Young-Chul (born 1970) is a self-confessed South Korean serial killer and cannibal. Although he admitted to murdering 21 people, mostly prostitutes and rich old men, the Seoul Central District Court convicted him of 20 murders (one case was dismissed on a technicality). Yoo burned 3 and mutilated at least 11 of his victims, admitting he ate the livers of some of them. He committed his crimes between September 2003 and July 2004. He was sentenced to death on 13 December 2004.

Born in Tolima, Colombia, in 1949 Pedro Lopez became notorious as the Monster of the Andes. According to Lopez, his prostitute mother kicked him out of their home at age eight for fondling his younger sister. He was then picked up by a pedophile and was sodomized. He was taken in by an American family, but later ran away with a teacher from his school. When he was eighteen he was gang-raped in prison and retaliated by killing three of his assailants.

Upon his release he started killing young girls with glee and impunity. By 1978 he claimed to have killed more than 100 girls in Peru. After a brush with an angry village mob he moved his activities to Colombia and then Ecuador where his bloodlust averaged about three kills a week. He found killing Ecuadorian girls enjoyable because they were "more gentle and trusting, more innocent." It is widely believed that three hundred is a low estimate.

No comments: